What items to sell and not to sell on eBay as a Dropshipper.
- Seasonal products. Dropshippers have the advantage of great “inventory” versatility. Use this by listing or removing seasonal items. Although it is time consuming, most times it pays out because you come to cover a high-demand-low-competition niche in a small period of time.
- Items that have low return rate e.g. inexpensive, durable, simple to assemble and/or use
- That you can’t easily estimate their cost, e.g. Furniture, Decor, Toys, Art, jewelry,Gadgets, Sets, lots & Bundles
- Items that you can’t easily describe or describe with many different words. For example a 3d hallucination gadget could be described as a gift for birthday, a toy for teen boys, a home decor, a night lamp etc. (You can even list the same item a lot of times, modifying its main keywords, title, description, Photos, UPC etc)
- Items with no brand on their photos/that can be modified (e.g. mirrored or zoom & cropped)
- Items that can’t easily be sent from China, or have low China competition seem to work for me, e.g. Patio sets and beds.
- High return ratio: electronics, clothes, fragile
- Hazardous items, knives (cutlery word=better) , weapons, gambling etc
- Careful with the branded/UPCs/images. Veroed items can get you in troubles.
Of course these are just some generic guidelines, it doesn’t mean they should always be followed.
One thought on “What items to sell and not to sell as an online Dropshipper”
Looking for effective online marketing that delivers real results? Sorry to bug you on your contact form but actually that was kinda the point. We can send your advertising copy to sites via their contact pages just like you’re receiving this note right now. You can specify targets by keyword or just go with mass blasts to websites in the country of your choice. So let’s say you would like to send a message to all the contractors in the US, we’ll scrape websites for only those and post your ad text to them. As long as you’re promoting a product or service that’s relevant to that type of business then your business will get an amazing response!
Send an email to email@example.com to find out how we do this